Society membership is open to any person who:
- Holds the Ph.D. or equivalent degree in theology or a related field, or who does scholarly theological work.
- Has been active in teaching or writing in a field related to theology, such as historical theology, biblical literature, ethics, history of religions, religious studies, philosophy of religion.
- Is able and willing to present a paper to the Society or serve as a respondent to a paper.
- Has attended at least two meetings of the Society prior to nomination.
- Is nominated for membership by a member of the Society.
New members are elected by a simple majority vote of Society members in attendance when the candidate is nominated.
Associate membership in the Society is open to any person who is enrolled in a terminal degree graduate program of religion at the dissertation stage. Associate members are elected by a simple majority vote of Society members in attendance when the candidate is nominated.
Annual membership dues are $20 to be remitted to the Treasurer at the Society’s fall meeting. Dues for members who have retired from full-time employment and for associate members are $10 annually. (If absent, members may send their dues by U.S. Postal Service to Paul P. Parker; Department of Theology and Religion; Elmhurst College, Box 26; 190 Prospect Avenue; Elmhurst, IL 60126.)
To contact ATS please use the contact form.