Society membership is open to any person who:
- Holds the Ph.D. or equivalent degree in theology or a related field, or who does scholarly theological work.
- Has been active in teaching or writing in a field related to theology, such as historical theology, biblical literature, ethics, history of religions, religious studies, philosophy of religion.
- Is able and willing to present a paper to the Society or serve as a respondent to a paper.
- Has attended at least two meetings of the Society prior to nomination.
- Is nominated for membership by a member of the Society.
New members are elected by a simple majority vote of Society members in attendance when the candidate is nominated.
Associate membership in the Society is open to any person who is enrolled in a terminal degree graduate program of religion at the dissertation stage. Associate members are elected by a simple majority vote of Society members in attendance when the candidate is nominated.
Annual membership dues are to be remitted to the Treasurer at the Society’s fall meeting. Dues for members who have retired from full-time employment and for associate members are reduced.
To contact ATS please use the contact form.